Universities of Applied Sciences (UAS7)
Alliance for Excellence
Universities of Applied Sciences were established in the early seventies with the objective to help German industries maintain their international competitiveness. This new approach to higher education was intended to satisfy the ever-growing demand for a new practice-oriented education on a very solid academic footing.
Since their introduction, the Universities of Applied Sciences have grown into serious contenders to the more traditional German universities, especially since the European-wide introduction of Bachelor and Master programs, similar to the Anglo-Saxon system of higher education.
UAS7 is a strategic alliance of seven leading German Universities of Applied Sciences committed to excellence in teaching and research. UAS7 stands for: well-established and future-oriented degree programs 'Made in Germany' commitment to programs of professional relevance application oriented courses international perspective on a distinctly European and German basis efficient learning environments with small classes close relationships to the German business community locations in major cities throughout Germany.
The following universities of applied sciences are members of the UAS7:
- Berlin School of Economics and Law (HWR Berlin)
- Bremen University of Applied Sciences (HS Bremen)
- Cologne University of Applied Sciences (FH Köln)
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (HAW Hamburg)
- Munich University of Applied Sciences (HS München)
- Münster University of Applied Sciences (FH Münster)
- Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences (HS Osnabrück)